- This event has passed.
Best Practices in DEI | Session 1
January 10 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Have you ever wondered why you think the way that you do? Have you ever wondered why you make some of the decisions that you make or say some of the things you say? As we become more aware of the importance of diversity, inclusion, and racial equity on the effectiveness of our organizations and communities, identifying, understanding, and processing some of your unconscious bias — as leaders and professionals — also becomes critically important.
This highly interactive workshop will help us discover our natural tendencies so that we can create, lead, and sustain environments that facilitate more inclusion and equity. It will be facilitated by Dr. Sandra Ogunremi, Manager of Spiritual Care Services, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Monument Health, Rapid City. Dr. Ogunremi will share processes and tools to help us as leaders and professionals better mitigate our unconscious bias.
Workshop learning objectives include:
- Introduce the concept of organizational excellence through the lens of the Baldrige Framework: how DEI & the core value of “Valuing People” drives performance within any type of organization or community.
- Introduce the basic concepts of a robust organizational DEI effort: definitions, expected Return on Investment (ROI)
- Advance understanding of biases and how we process information, as individuals
- Explore the impact biases have on leadership decision-making and organizational outcomes
- Build the knowledge necessary to move from awareness into action by becoming aware of our biases and mitigating them
If attending “ala carte,” this workshop is $200 for PEN/WCPE members ($400 for non-members). Teams of 3-4 members $175/each; teams of 5+ are $150/each. Investment for the full series is $1000 (for members only); if you are attending several workshops as part of the series, rates will be prorated for the number of modules you attend (inquire to WCPE). In addition, if you are not yet a member, contact WCPE to explore the value of membership.
The on-demand option is $100 per session (recording included for those attending live).