How Do You Know?
Is your organization doing as well as it could? What and how should your organization improve or change?
The Baldrige Excellence Framework
The Baldrige process is not something extra—it is a systems approach to managing your organization that is integrated into what you already do or should do. The Baldrige Excellence Framework empowers your organization—no matter its size, and whether it is in the education, manufacturing, service, small business, nonprofit or government sector— to align your plans, processes, decisions, people, actions, and results.
The Framework is a systems approach to performance excellence. It includes:
- The Criteria for Performance Excellence
- A set of interrelated core values and concepts
- A scoring system that lets you gauge your organization’s maturity
Criteria for Performance Excellence
The Criteria for Performance Excellence are a set of questions about seven critical aspects of managing and performing as an organization:
- Measurement, Analysis, and Knowledge Management
These questions work together as a unique, integrated performance management framework. Answering the questions helps you:
- Align your resources
- Identify strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Improve communication, productivity, and effectiveness
- Achieve your strategic goals.
As a result:
- You deliver ever-improving value to your customers and stakeholders, which contributes to organizational sustainability.
- You improve your organization’s overall effectiveness and capability.
- Your organization improves and learns.
- Your workforce members learn and grow.
Order copies of the Baldrige Excellence Framework
Purchase hard copies of the Baldrige Excellence Framework directly from the Baldrige Program.
You may purchase and download digital copies of the Framework for Performance Excellence in PDF format from the Baldrige Program. Purchase Downloadable Framework